Gwenda Namatjira was Albert Namatjira’s granddaughter and came from a large family of artists. She was the daughter of artists Oscar and Desma and the sister of Lenie, Regie, Albert Junior and Rosabelle.
Gwenda painted in a naive style with delicate soft colours. She primarily painted her home country of Arreyonga and the surrounding areas.
- 2011 – 2014 The Namatjira Play, Big hArt production
- 2014 Public Art, Mural at the Alice Plaza, Alice Springs, NT
2019 Tjina Nurna-ka, Pmarra Nurn-kanha, Itla Itla Nurn-kanha (Our family, our country, our legacy), Flinders University Art Museum, Adelaide SA
2017 Tjuritja Nana Mara to Paris (From the good Tjuritja to Paris), IDAIA , Paris , France
2016 UNALIENABLE, Sullivan + Strumpf Gallery, Sydney, NSW
2015 Desert Mob, Araluen Galleries, Alice Springs, NT
2014 Five Generations: The Strength of Namatjiras Legacy, Araluen Galleries, Alice Springs, NT
2014 Women Artists of the Hermannsburg School of Art, The Residency, Alice Springs, NT
- 2017 Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art, Brisbane, QLD
- 2016 National Museum of Australia (NMA), Canberra, ACT
- 2022 Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs, NT