HUBERT PAREROULTJA is a senior Western Arrarnta-Luritja man who lives at Kulpitharra / Lundara outstation west of Hermannsburg (Ntaria). This is his homeland.
Hubert has been painting watercolours since he was a young boy thus following in the footsteps of his father Reuben Pareroultja and Uncles Otto and Edwin Pareroultja. Reuben, Otto and Edwin were part of the original Hermannsburg School watercolour movement and were all acclaimed artists.
When Hubert was a kid he watched the original Hermannsburg School watercolour artist Albert Namatjira and his father and uncles as they painted. Hubert paints many of the same locations that Namatjira and the Pareroultja brothers painted in particular Hermannsburg, Mt Sonder and James Range. Hubert lives and works in the Western MacDonnell Ranges to this day. His work is displayed in many important collections.
- 2017 Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art, Brisbane, QLD
- 2011 National Gallery of Australia (NGA), Canberra, ACT
- 2008 NT Museum and Art Gallery
- 2018 Mornington Regional Council, Regional Gallery collection
- 2018 Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA), SA