Reinhold was born in Alice Springs. His mother and father were both from Ntaria (Hermannsburg) and thus Rienhold’s fathers dreaming and his own are Mt. Hermannsburg.
As a young man Rienhold was an ace AFL football player but an accident resulted in a brain injury that stopped him from playing. Rienhold is married to Cathy (Jennifer) Wirri and has two daughters with her. Watercolour artist Kevin Wirri is his father in law.
Rienhold taught himself to paint by drawing first. He loves to paint and draw his father’s country. He paints beautiful landscapes with great technique and unusual and interesting uses of colour. His grandparents the Pareroultja’s taught Rienhold to paint when he was a school child using pencils. Artist Ivy Pareroultja is like a mother to Rienhold.
- 2014 Tali Gallery, Sydney
- 2014 Talapi Gallery, Alice Springs, Garden of Eden
- 2014 Five Generations: The Strength of Namatjira’s Legacy, Araluen Galleries, NT
- 2014 The Men Artists of the Hermannsburg School of Art, Talapi Gallery, Alice Springs, NT
- 2015 Hermannsburg Horizons, Wooloongabba Art Gallery, Brisbane, QLD
- 2015 TARNANTHI, Works of significance at Tandanya art gallery, Adelaide, SA
- 2015 A Hermannsburg Christmas, Redot Gallery, Singapore
- 2015 Kinship, In the footsteps of Namatjira, Moree, NSW
- 2014 Public Art, Mural at the Alice Plaza, Alice Springs, NT
- 2014 Knara Nunaka Tjurretja – Our Big Country: The West MacDonnell Ranges, Highly commented at the 31st Telstra Arts Awards
- 2015 Tjukurpa Calendar, IAD Press