Reinhold was born in Alice Springs. His mother and father were both from Ntaria (Hermannsburg) and thus Rienhold’s fathers dreaming and his own are Mt. Hermannsburg.
As a young man Rienhold was an ace AFL football player but an accident resulted in a brain injury that stopped him from playing. Rienhold is married to Cathy (Jennifer) Wirri and has two daughters with her. Watercolour artist Kevin Wirri is his father in law.
Rienhold taught himself to paint by drawing first. He loves to paint and draw his father’s country. He paints beautiful landscapes with great technique and unusual and interesting uses of colour.
His grandparents the Pareroultja’s taught Rienhold to paint when he was a school child using pencils. Artist Ivy Pareroultja is like a mother to Rienhold.
- 2014 Public Art, Mural at the Alice Plaza, Alice Springs, NT
- 2014 Knara Nunaka Tjurretja – Our Big Country: The West MacDonnell Ranges, Highly commented at the 31st Telstra Arts Awards
- 2015 Tjukurpa Calendar, IAD Press
- 2016 Parrtjima, Festival of Light, Alice Springs (Illuminated skirt)
- 2016 Cicada Press print workshop with Tony Albert, UNSW, Sydney
- 2019 Lumen Prints Workshop with AGNSW, Alice Springs, NT
- 2019 Cicada Press etching workshop, Sydney, NSW
2021 Before and Now, South Australian Museum, Adelaide SA
2020 Homeless on my Homeland, NIRIN 22nd Biennale of Sydney, Sydney, NSW
2019 Tjina Nurna-ka, Pmarra Nurn-kanha, Itla Itla Nurn-kanha (Our family, our country, our legacy), Flinders University Art Museum, Adelaide SA
2019 The National, AGNSW, Sydney
2019 Pmarra Nurna-Kananhala untha-lapp-urma (Walking through country), Hazelhurst Art centre, Sydney, NSW.
2017 What if this photograph is by Albert Namatjira?, Art Gallery of SA, Adelaide SA
2016 UNALIENABLE, Sullivan + Strumpf Gallery, Sydney, NSW
2016 Abducted!, Alcaston Gallery, VIC
2015 Hermannsburg Horizons, Wooloongabba Art Gallery, Brisbane, QLD
2015 TARNANTHI, Works of significance at Tandanya art gallery, Adelaide, SA
2015 A Hermannsburg Christmas, Redot Gallery, Singapore
2015 Kinship, In the footsteps of Namatjira, Moree, NSW
2014 Tali Gallery, Sydney
2014 Talapi Gallery, Alice Springs, NT
2014 Five Generations: The Strength of Namatjiras Legacy, Araluen Galleries, NT
2014 The Men Artists of the Hermannsburg School of Art, Talapi Gallery, Alice Springs, NT
- 2017 Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art, Brisbane, QLD
- 2019 Art Gallery of NSW (AGNSW), Sydney
- 2016 National Museum of Australia (NMA), Canberra, ACT
- 2016 National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), Melbourne, VIC
- 2016 University of Technology Gallery (UTS), Sydney NSW
- 2018 Art Gallery of South Austrlia (AGSA), SA
- 2019 National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), Melbourne
- 2019 Flinders University Art Museum (FUMA), Adelaide SA
- 2016 Artbank, Office for the Arts, Sydney, NSW