Ricky’s skin name is Jakamara. His mother’s country is Ntaria and he grew up in Areyonga (His father’s country). Thus, he speaks Western Arrarnta and Pitjanjara. Ricky is Benita Clement’s husband, and son in law of G Namatjira. He is the grandson of famous artist Peter Kanari Benita inspired Ricky and motivated him to start painting landscapes of his country. The two paint together at the Iltja Ntjarra Many Hands art centre. Ricky has a precise drawing technique and is interested in painting hunting men from previous generations.
- 2016 UNALIENABLE, Sullivan + Strumpf Gallery, Sydney, NSW
- 2016 Abducted! Alcaston Gallery, VIC
- 2017 What if this photograph is by Albert Namatjira? Tarnanthi, AGSA
- 2017 Cicada Press Collection, Tarnanthi, AGSA
- National Museum of Australia (NMA), Canberra
- 2016 Cicada Press print workshop with Tony Albert, UNSW, Sydney