Gwenda Namatjira was Albert Namatjira’s granddaughter and came from a large family of artists. She was the daughter of artists Oscar and Desma and the sister of Lenie, Regie, Albert Junior and Rosabelle.
Gwenda painted in a naive style with delicate soft colours. She primarily painted her home country of Arreyonga and the surrounding areas.
- 2014 Five Generations: The Strength of Namatjira’s Legacy, Araluen Galleries, Alice Springs, NT
- 2014 Women Artists of the Hermannsburg School of Art, The Residency, Alice Springs, NT
- 2015 Desert Mob, Araluen Galleries, Alice Springs, NT
- 2015 Talapi Gallery, Alice Springs
- 2016 UNALIENABLE, Sullivan + Strumpf Gallery, Sydney, NSW
- 2011 – 2014 The Namatjira Play, Big hArt production
- 2014 Public Art, Mural at the Alice Plaza, Alice Springs, NT
- National Museum of Australia (NMA), Canberra
2019 Tjina Nurna-ka, Pmarra Nurn-kanha, Itla Itla Nurn-kanha (Our family, our country, our legacy), Flinders University Art Museum, Adelaide SA
- 2017 Queensland Art Gallery Gallery of Modern Art, Brisbane, QLD